Audit Assistance Service
- One-on-one support from a PAAS Analyst for Audit Assistance.
- Pre-audit consulting preparation
- Post-audit defense consulting
- Guidance on filling and billing prescriptions
- Credentialing assistance
- PBM audit managers contact information
- Monthly Newsline with new audit tactics and prevention tips (Available to all staff via email)
- COVID-19 Audit Resources
- On-Site Credentialing Guidelines
- Patient Affidavits
- Signature Logbooks (Available for additional cost)
- Days Supply Charts (Insulin, Diabetic Injectable Medications, Eye Drops, Topicals, Inhalers)
- Third Party Contract Reviews
- Multi-store discount provided for those with more than one store
Fraud, Waste & Abuse and HIPAA Compliance Program
- Easy interactive web solution.
- Customized to your pharmacy/operations
- Expert support from PAAS on FWA/HIPAA questions
- Stay current with regulatory and enforcement changes
- History is safe and retrievable
- FWA/HIPAA in One Program tailored to Community Pharmacy
- FWA/HIPAA Training
- Superior Exclusion Checking
- License Tracking with PAAS Vault® – First year FREE for new members thereafter $99/year
Cultural Competency Training
- Provide Culturally Competent and Linguistically Appropriate Services to patients
- Learn to “Ask the Right Questions” using the PAAS Care Model®
- Identify Limited English Proficiency patients and provide necessary services
- Explore Reasons for Non-Adherence to Prescriptions
- Tailor each Consult to the Individual Patient
- Gain Knowledge about Various Cultures
- Hear about real-life applications of culturally competent care
- Training documented and retained in the PAAS Member Portal
USP 800 Compliance Program*
- Get compliant with USP 800 standards
- Customized USP 800 Policy & Procedure Manual to reflect new requirements
- Guidelines for proper handling hazardous drug (HD) in workflow
- Reviews staff responsibilities for receiving, preparing and administering NIOSH-classified HD
- HD Risk Assessment tailored to your pharmacy for annual review
- Annual USP 800 training for staff
*excludes HD compounding pharmacies
What are the benefits of PAAS membership?
Please see the complete benefit list.
When am I eligible for services?
You are eligible for services on Day 1 upon receiving payment.
I am currently in an audit, how do I join?
Pharmacies involved in an audit must purchase a two-year membership. You aren’t purchasing a membership for that audit, but rather a membership for the next two years and assistance with all audits that come up over that timeframe. That means you will receive proactive guidance to prevent future audits. We also provide your staff with guidance on filling and billing, a monthly newsletter with tips and trends, and many other resources.
Why do I need to join for 2 years?
Pharmacies involved in an audit must purchase a two-year audit assistance membership to help PAAS cover the cost of assistance. You aren’t purchasing a membership for that audit, but rather a membership for the next two years and assistance with all audits that come up over that timeframe. That means you will receive proactive guidance to prevent future audits. We also provide your staff with guidance on filling and billing, a monthly newsletter with tips and trends, and many other resources.
Do you have any discounts?
We offer a discount on your FWA/HIPAA when purchased with audit assistance. We also offer a multi-store discount for pharmacies under common ownership.
Does your pharmacy meet Fraud, Waste and Abuse & HIPAA Compliance standards?
ALL pharmacies need to have a compliance program in place, not just pieces of one. The PAAS National® compliance program for Fraud, Waste and Abuse plus HIPAA is all inclusive — ready to go to work for you. Everything you need at your fingertips available 24/7, helping you to effectively and efficiently manage your pharmacy’s compliance program. In fact the PAAS FWAC/HIPAA Program is the easiest and most complete available — and it is customized to YOU.
Can I afford to go solo and fight an audit on my own?
You could, but with the average annual savings in audit chargeback reductions generated through the help of PAAS of $16,003, it will pay for a PAAS membership for the next 30 years — and that’s just one audit!
Do you really have time to be an audit expert? Since 1993, PAAS knows how to best prepare you for audits and appeals.
How do I know all my rights and obligations in audit situations?
Our experts provide proactive guidance and when in an audit we give you specific advice to help you with the audit and PBM. You will know exactly what to do before, during and after an audit. Contact us upon first receiving an audit!