First Step in Getting Help with an Audit
Oh no! You just received an audit, now what? Your first step is to get the audit notice to PAAS National® – the sooner that we are part of your team, the more benefit we can bring. Our all-inclusive membership means there are no hidden fees or limits to the audit assistance you can receive.
Make PAAS part of your audit process, every time. Review the 4 Steps to Using your PAAS Audit Assistance on the PAAS Member Portal for audit assistance members under Proactive Tips.
One of the best ways to get started is to create a workflow process when audits are received. Too many dollars are lost to PBMs due to missed deadlines or incomplete documentation – don’t let this happen to you. By putting a few simple steps in place, you can avoid costly mistakes in the future.
- Send in your audit notice to PAAS as soon as you receive it. Three ways to send in your audit:
- Email: email@example.com (using this coversheet)
- Fax: (608) 873-4009 (using this coversheet)
- NEW! Audit File Upload option on the PAAS Member Portal under “Access Services” in the left hand navigation
- PAAS Audit Assistance members can read Newsline articles:
- August 2022, How to Submit Documents to PAAS for Review
- May 2022, Organizing is Key When Submitting Audit Documents
- Assign one employee to oversee the audits in your store. Have a second employee trained for redundancy.
- Always check the “post marked date” or “received by” date on your audit notice. Check the calendar closely to see if any holidays or weekends may influence your due date and be sure to plan accordingly. Sending in the audit just one day late may cost you a 25% penalty per claim! Make a clear plan for your audit response and if needed, request an extension prior to your due date.
- Collective Knowledge Is Powerful – Send In Your Audit Results! mentioned in the August 2022 Newsline for PAAS Audit Assistance members. Audit results can be submitted via fax (608) 873-4009, email firstname.lastname@example.org or uploaded to the PAAS Member Portal.