https://paaswp.s3.amazonaws.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/06/03105446/EdTrent_1293x629.jpg 629 1293 Stacy Wilk https://paaswp.s3.amazonaws.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/03/24084106/Paas-National_Logo_RGB_transparency-224x300.png Stacy Wilk2021-10-05 15:41:412022-01-04 16:26:38Getting Help with an Audit
Getting Help with an Audit
Oh no! You just received an audit, now what? First step is to get your audit notice to PAAS National® as soon as you receive them.
Pre-audit assistance steps:
- Call (608) 873-1342 to get a case step-up for your incoming audit notice
- Send in your audit, one of three ways and please reference the case number upon sending in:
- Email the audit notice to email@example.com
- Fax to (608) 873-4009
- Upload an audit on the PAAS Member Portal under “Access Services” in the left hand navigation
- Upon receiving your notice, a PAAS Analyst will reach out to you within 1-2 business days to guide you on next steps and documentation collection.
- Get your audit results to PAAS as soon as you receive them via email firstname.lastname@example.org or fax (608) 873-4009, please reference the case number upon sending in. Note: If you don’t have a case set-up with us from pre-audit assistance, please call (608) 873-1342 to start a case.
- Upon receiving the results, a PAAS Analyst will review your results and provide appeal guidance as soon as possible.
- Send all pages of audit notice to PAAS before you start document collection
- All audits have deadlines, time is of an essence for getting PAAS the notice and/or appeals. The more time we have the better.
- When additional information is requested, organize documents in order as per the audit notice
- If you have multiple pages, numbering the pages has provided many benefits including:
- Better organization
- Ensuring nothing is missing
- Making phone calls with PAAS team or PBM auditor more efficient