PAAS National® wrote a DMEPOS article series in 2022, which includes 8 articles to be proactive in preventing audits. We recently combined these articles into one tool that PAAS Audit Assistance members can easily reference, read and review with their staff. The 2022 DMEPOS Article Series includes:
- Common Nebulizer Solutions Audited by Medicare
- Ostomy Supplies
- Diabetic Test Strips
- Urological Supplies: Intermittent Catheters
- Surgical Dressings
- Therapeutic Shoes for Diabetes
- Immunosuppressive Drugs for Transplant
- The Six Medicare Auditing Entities and Their Purpose
PAAS is continuously updating and creating new tools to help our members. Check out the Proactive Tips section of the members-only website to for a multitude of resources.
All employees can be granted access to the Member Portal to view these tools, along with the electronic Newsline. This also allows employees to send filling and billing questions to PAAS without having to call.
If you have questions about permissions and website access visit the ‘Member Portal User Guide’ located under ‘Help’ in the left-hand navigation (portal.paasnational.com/Paas/Help), or simply call PAAS at (608) 873-1342 for assistance.
- PAAS Audit Assistance members can review the March 2022 Newsline article “Self-Audit Series #14: DMEPOS Items”
- Members can search our Newsline article archives via keywords to learn more about a specific topic (e.g., Diabetes, Medicare, LTC, etc.).